Thursday, April 18, 2019
From our Campus Pastor
Easter is almost here!!! With it comes a bunch of really cool opportunities to connect with Jesus this weekend that I want to make us all aware of (with some additional notes for those of us who are regular attenders of Crosspoint). Along with letting you know about these opportunities, I want to ask everyone reading to do at least one thing before this weekend… PRAY!! Pray for God to open hearts and minds, and bring people to saving faith in Jesus for the first time or recommit their lives to Him! Then, if I could ask one more thing it would be… INVITE! Here are the opportunities to connect with Christ this weekend:
- Good Friday Worship Service: This is one of my favorite worship services all year! The service will feature a wide range of worship styles and art elements, all aimed at helping us remember Christ’s work on the Cross. The Community Life Center opens for prayer at 6:00 p.m., child care is available for pre-k and below starting at 6:20 p.m., and worship starts at 6:30 p.m.
- Worship one, Serve one (or two, or three, or five…haha!): We have a great problem on the Niceville Campus, we have so many people attending on Easter weekend that it creates a bunch of new serving opportunities we need to fill. I understand Easter weekend is a time for family, but one of the ways we can connect with Christ the most is by serving others, and we have great ways to do that this weekend. If you’re not already serving, you can sign up to help in Guest Services here, or email Angie Williams at email@example.com to serve in Kids Ministry.
- Easter Worship Services:
- For Regular Attenders:
- Bring someone with you!! This is the time to bring someone with you to a worship service! I challenge you to pray about that person and invite them this week. I’m praying for all of us as we step out in faith and do that.
- Consider attending one of our other Easter worship service options on Saturday night or earlier Sunday morning. Help us make room for others who will be coming on Sunday at peak hours during the 9:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. worship times.
- If you are able, please park further away from the buildings to allow our guests better parking opportunities so they have a great experience…even in the parking lot.
- Be on the lookout for people who may be new, or may not know where to go. We at Crosspoint are known for being super friendly and hospitable. Let’s take that to the next level so that everyone can know they are loved by God and us while they’re here.
- Worship Times
- Saturday Night Contemporary
- 4:30 p.m. – Community Life Center – free pizza starting at 5:30 p.m.
- 6:00 p.m. – Community Life Center – free pizza starting at 5:50 p.m.
- Sunday Morning Contemporary
- 8:02 a.m. – Community Life Center – free breakfast starting at 7:15 a.m.
- 9:30 a.m. – Sanctuary
- 9:32 a.m. – Community Life Center
- 11:02 a.m. – Community Life Center
- Sunday Morning Traditional
- 8:00 a.m. – Sanctuary
- 11:00 a.m. – Sanctuary
- Saturday Night Contemporary
- For Regular Attenders:
News & Announcements
APRIL 20 & 21 , 2019 | “DAMASCUS ROAD”
SATURDAY, APRIL 20, 2019
4:30 p.m. Contemporary Service – Community Life Center – Rev. Rurel Ausley (free pizza after service)
6:00 p.m. Contemporary Service – Community Life Center – Rev. Jeremy Smith (free pizza before service)
Kids programs are provided for Pre-K and below at both services
SUNDAY, APRIL 21, 2019
8:00 a.m. Traditional – Sanctuary – Rev. Rurel Ausley
8:02 a.m. Contemporary Service – Rev. Jeremy Smith (free breakfast starting at 7:15 a.m.)
9:30 a.m. Contemporary Service – Sanctuary – Rev. Rurel Ausley
9:32 a.m. Contemporary Service -Rev. Jeremy Smith
11:00 a.m. Traditional Service – Sanctuary -Rev. Rurel Ausley
11:02 a.m. Contemporary Service – Rev. Jeremy Smith
Kids programs are provided for Pre-K and below 8:00 a.m. Full kids programming through 4th grade is provided at 9:30 and 11:00 only.
Visit the “Roads Series” message series page for more information.
Join us for our annual Good Friday service, Friday April 19. The service will feature a wide range of worship styles and art elements, all aimed at helping us remember Christ’s work on the Cross. The Community Life Center opens for prayer at 6:00 p.m., child care is available for pre-k and below starting at 6:20 p.m., and worship starts at 6:30 p.m.
NEXT STEPS: GROUPLINK:
We believe doing life together is better and brings us closer to Christ. Come and explore our life groups and find just the one for you to jump into on the 4th Sunday of the month at 10:45 a.m. in the Community Life Center Crosspoint Theatre. The next GroupLink is Sunday, April 28. Please contact our Life Group Minister Stephanie Case at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Launch 56 registration is open for current 4th and 5th graders. Launch 56 takes place June 3-5, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. Monday and Tuesday and 9 a.m. -7:30 p.m on Wednesday. The early bird rate is $65 until May 19. After May 19, the cost will be $75. High School Leaders registration is $25. Registration includes t-shirt, Big Kahunas admission, meals on Wednesday and snacks. We are not able to offer discounted registration for Students with current Big Kahuna’s season passes. Registration deadline is May 26. Limited scholarships are available, For more info and to register click here.
HIGH SCHOOL SERVICE CANCELLED EASTER SUNDAY:
This Sunday, Easter, there will be no high school service in the evening. We encourage high school students to attend service with their parents and serve in Kids Ministry or Guest Services.
CROSSPOINT MISSION DAY
Crosspoint Mission Day is Saturday, May 18 at the Emerald Coast Mud Run for Orphans beginning at 8:00 a,m. We will be cheering on the participants and providing support and encouragement to the runners. There is no charge and lunch is included. There is also an optional Kids Fun Run at 1:30 p.m. 4 year olds through 4th grade and their families can sign up here.
APRIL PRESCHOOL FOCUS: PACK A PICNIC – JESUS IS MY FRIEND
There is no greater friend than one who sacrifices his life for another. Jesus did just that. He died and came back to life so we can be with God forever. It is the most incredible thing that has ever happened. God gave us Jesus. He is alive, and He wants to be our friend forever. He’s the one who will never leave us, never forsake us, and never stop loving us. Check out our preview video and our parent cue for April. Join us on Saturday evenings at 6:00 p.m., Sundays at 9:30 and 11:00 a.m. and Wednesdays at 6:00 p.m. at Crosspoint Kids.
2019-2020 SUMMER ONLINE REGISTRATION: PRESCHOOL SUMMER REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
Spend this summer with lots of learning, laughter and love at Crosspoint Academy! We offer full and part-time summer preschool programs. For more information about our programs, visit our web page or call 678-4411.
VBS STUDENT VOLUNTEER TRAINING:
Kids Ministry would like to have you back again to help with VBS, June 10-13. Sign up now and put it on your calendar so you won’t forget. You MUST attend a VBS training in order to participate. You won’t be placed until training is complete. STUDENT SPOTS ARE LIMITED THIS YEAR so choose an early date to ensure you have a place. Sign up to attend training here.
VBS ADULT VOLUNTEER TRAINING:
Vacation Bible School is right around the corner and we need your help! VBS Crew Leader Training dates are: April 28, 4:30 -6:00 p.m. and May 13, 6:00 -7:30 p.m. in the Crosswalk Theater. You only need to attend one training session. Sign up to volunteer here.
VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL
Registration for kids who will be entering Kindergarten -4th grade this fall begins on April 14. Early registration of $20 includes your child’s t-shirt and runs through May 14. VBS week is June 10-13 from 9:00 a.m. -12:15 p.m. and will be the best week of the summer! Don’t miss out. Register here.
NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER:
The Niceville-Valparaiso 2019 National Day of Prayer will be held at Niceville City Hall on Thursday, May 2nd at noon. The theme is Love One Another based on John 13:34, “Love one another as I have loved you.” All are encouraged to participate.
PRAYER TRAINING SEMINAR:
Are you interested in growing in your relationship with Jesus Christ through prayer? Join us for a Prayer Training Seminar on May 3-4 in the Crosspoint Theater. For more information contact Suzanne Niedbalski, email@example.com or to register call Jeramie Carrieri at 850-678-4411.
Wednesday, April 24, 2019:
Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
Child’s Option: Spaghetti
Salad Option: Chicken Salad
Gluten Free Option: GF Pasta with Meat Sauce, Broccoli, Cheese Bread, Chocolate Cake.
Click here. (Your request will be kept confidential.)
Liz Aylor death of father Bud Aylor;
Emily Ingram death of her sister